Miss Money

Miss Money is my anonymous personal finance blog. I will divulge my career opportunities, income, expenditures, savings, and debt. My goals include moving my net worth from "negative" -$45,500 to -$33,000 in one year, get out of credit card debt and improve my FICO credit score from 656 to 750.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Carolina, United States

Monday, March 06, 2006

10 Immediate and Practical Thing I Can Do...

1. I can reduce my Netflix plan from 6 films at a time for $36 to 3 films at a time for $18. This will give me more flexibility in my entertainment budget line. --- DONE

2. Cut up all credit cards, so that it is impossible to charge them back up once they are paid off. --DONE

3. Stop eating out and ordering takeout! Brown bag it every day.

4. Use my tax refund to pay off credit cards more quickly.

5. Remove the "cable" part of the "cable internet" bill. Watch movies instead of TV! This saves $60 per month!

6. Keep a close eye on lights and heating to help reduce the out of control electric/gas bill.

7. Lay off iTunes for a minumum of 3 months. Small sacrifice for a short period of time.

8. Use Bank of America's Keep the Change program to save up small amounts of cash. When it gets to $25 or $50, transfer it back to the checking account and immediately pay it on a credit card.

9. Scour receipts and send in all reimbursement requests and expense reports. Get Health Savings Account OTC costs reimbursed.

10. Save spare change around the house and collect a minimum of $10 to put on a credit card.

1 Comments:

Blogger my new self said...

Good post! iTunes has been a vice of mine as well. I've tried to find free offers for iTMS songs to get my fix for free.

I'm keeping the American Express Optima card - we do some traveling, and Amex is good to have. All the other cards are gone though. It is a good feeling to cut them up, isnt' it?

March 21, 2006 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo
Google