10 Immediate and Practical Thing I Can Do...
2. Cut up all credit cards, so that it is impossible to charge them back up once they are paid off. --DONE
3. Stop eating out and ordering takeout! Brown bag it every day.
4. Use my tax refund to pay off credit cards more quickly.
5. Remove the "cable" part of the "cable internet" bill. Watch movies instead of TV! This saves $60 per month!
6. Keep a close eye on lights and heating to help reduce the out of control electric/gas bill.
7. Lay off iTunes for a minumum of 3 months. Small sacrifice for a short period of time.
8. Use Bank of America's Keep the Change program to save up small amounts of cash. When it gets to $25 or $50, transfer it back to the checking account and immediately pay it on a credit card.
9. Scour receipts and send in all reimbursement requests and expense reports. Get Health Savings Account OTC costs reimbursed.
10. Save spare change around the house and collect a minimum of $10 to put on a credit card.