Signing Bonus and Simplification
Anyway, it should still work out fine and I should certainly expect a refund come next tax season. Cash flow is picking up otherwise though because I have gotten in the selling mood!
I decided that I would rather sell or give away any stuff I don't want before I move. Preferably, I want to sell stuff because it helps cash flow and will help me ultimately get out of debt.
1) My wedding china was sold on eBay. I set my reserve at $200 and someone bought it for $202.50 with a shipping charge of $25. That's $227.50 is pending in Paypal but will be in my account soon.
2) I am selling off CDs. I have sold about 10-15 so far for a total of $22.00. I have about 20-25 more to take to the stores next week. That's a little more cash and since my partner is doing the same and saying up the funds he makes for a iPod we are making progress. (He has brought in over $160 from CD sales so far and still has about 50 more to sell. His music is more voluminous and more in demand than my Britney Spears collection!) :)
3) I am going to sell some (very few -- like 40) books from my collection. Most are duplicate books that both me and my fella' have in common and some are ones I will never read for sure - precalculus anyone? I hope to get at least $10-$20 this way. We will see.
4) I put an ad for my old 2000 laptop on craigslist.com and I got about 15 inquiries on it, but no one is actually following up by showing up to purchase it. I am asking for $100, but I have had offers ranging from $20 (yuck!) to $250.
5) I packed up two boxes worth of clothing and took it to Goodwill. Two more boxes I don't have to move!
Total dollars so far: $249.50
More dollars possible: $110