Miss Money

Miss Money is my anonymous personal finance blog. I will divulge my career opportunities, income, expenditures, savings, and debt. My goals include moving my net worth from "negative" -$45,500 to -$33,000 in one year, get out of credit card debt and improve my FICO credit score from 656 to 750.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Carolina, United States

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Update on Job Offering

The organization that offered me a job earlier today came back with a revised offer.

They can -- pending final approval from Human Resources -- offer me exactly what I am making now! So, it would be a lateral move for me.

This is good because of my concerns about the instability of my current organization and my serious issues with the governance of the group. This new position will also be a more focused position with fewer areas of responsibility. It will be an opportunity for me to build a specific skill area instead of dabbling in many areas -- which is what my current position is.

Anyway, I am going to review very closely their Human Resources website, to make sure I have all of my questions answered about benefits, salary, etc. And -- I will want a more solid guarantee of the salary, but pending that final review -- I think I am going to accept this position. I would say I am 90-95% certain at this moment. The new organization wants an answer tomorrow.

This may still be an opportunity for increased income though, because I am so valuable to the operations of my current job, I may be able to negtioate a contract or consultancy rate in order to finish up current projects and train my successors on my job tasks. That could certainly get me out of debt more quickly.

The best thing about it is the consultancy (program management) job I really want may take up to 6-12 months to work out. They would have to sign a new contract in order to hire me, which can take a while and I would have to want to move to where the contract was. This position pays more and has a great bonus and incentive structure.

6-12 months though will give me time to honor my current lease agreement, give my significant other time to locate another position in whatever city we might choose to move to, and honor my new job with at least half a year of service.

Who knows? I may be composing a letter of resignation 24 hours from now? And looking into a Roth IRA to roll my 401K into?

2 Comments:

Blogger Madame X said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog and good luck with yours! I look forward to reading it.

August 17, 2005 3:50 PM  
Blogger April said...

madame x:

Thanks for checking in to see Miss Money. I appreciate the encouragement! Once I get a little more familiar with the templates, let's talk about linking our sites up. What do you think?

August 17, 2005 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo
Google