Miss Money

Miss Money is my anonymous personal finance blog. I will divulge my career opportunities, income, expenditures, savings, and debt. My goals include moving my net worth from "negative" -$45,500 to -$33,000 in one year, get out of credit card debt and improve my FICO credit score from 656 to 750.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Carolina, United States

Monday, August 22, 2005

Expenses until Payday

Pay day is Wednesday and I am skating by just barely until then. I am going to begin reporting my daily expenses after I log them into Quicken every evening.

My tight checking account today is a sign of how much I need to be disciplined about my budget. I have a little over $57 now, after buying groceries and cleaning supplies and adding money to my public transport card.

Checking account began at $115
Today I spent:
Safeway - $48.56 (groceries for work, home, vitamins, and cleaning supplies to tide us over)
Metro - $9 for fare to get to an from work since I was in the negative on my card

I have been unusually generous to my savings this month and probably paid more than I expected to my credit cards, but I also spent more that I needed to. That will cease this month.

My goal is to spend nothing tomorrow. Wednesday will be payday. Then I will have money in order to even begin trying to stay within my budget.

Quicken was easy to use and is working very well so far. Although I doubt it will be so breezy if I have a day with more reciepts or I ever let it pile up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monty Loree said...

Hey Miss Money,

As they say, "why is there so much month left at the end of the money?!!"

Great blog!

Financial Maturity Blog

August 30, 2005 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo
Google