10 Things Progress Update
**I can sell my old graduate school textbooks on HALF.COM and liquidate those into some cash which can be added to credit card regular payments. - PROGRESS: 40 ITEMS ONLINE FOR SALE AND I HAVE HAD 4 SALES SO FAR FOR ABOUT $28, SHIPPING ITEMS TOMORROW.
***I can call the bank of my largest credit card balance and get the interest rate reduced significantly by threatening to transfer my balance to a 0% rate card. - DONE, CALLED BANK AND THEY REDUCED THE INTEREST RATE FROM 22% VARIABLE TO 10.99% FIXED RATE. SINCE THIS CARD WILL BE PAID OFF IN ABOUT 3 MONTHS - THIS SHOULD SAVE ME A FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS.
ORIGINAL ITEMS UPDATES
1. I can reduce my Netflix plan from 6 films at a time for $36 to 3 films at a time for $18. This will give me more flexibility in my entertainment budget line. --- DONE
2. Cut up all credit cards, so that it is impossible to charge them back up once they are paid off. --DONE
3. Stop eating out and ordering takeout! Brown bag it every day. - THIS ONE IS REALLY HARD. I STOPPED ORDERING OUT WHILE AT WORK BUT WHEN I COME HOME LATE, PIZZA or MCDONALD'S SURE SOUNDS EASY.
4. Use my tax refund(s) to pay off credit cards more quickly. -- DONE
5. Remove the "cable" part of the "cable internet" bill. Watch movies instead of TV! This saves $60 per month! - NEED TO TAKE CABLE BOX BACK TO CABLE OFFICE. PENDING.
6. Keep a close eye on lights and heating to help reduce the out of control electric/gas bill. - WHETHER IS CHANGING AND WE HAVEN'T REALLY HAD THE HEAT OR AIR ON THIS WEEK
7. Lay off iTunes for a minimum of 3 months. Small sacrifice for a short period of time. - GOOD SO FAR
8. Use Bank of America's Keep the Change program to save up small amounts of cash. When it gets to $25 or $50, transfer it back to the checking account and immediately pay it on a credit card. -- I DID THIS UNTIL I WAS UP TO $11.00, THEN I WAS MAKING A BIG PAYMENT SO I ROLLED THAT $11 INTO IT. I AM NOW BACK UP TO $2.40.
9. Scour receipts and send in all reimbursement requests and expense reports. Get Health Savings Account OTC costs reimbursed. - DONE, PENDING RECEIPT OF HSA FUNDS IN DIRECT DEPOSIT - PROCESSING TAKES A WHILE.
10. Save spare change around the house and collect a minimum of $10 to put on a credit card. - $10 NEEDS TOBE DEPOSITED NEXT TIME AND THEN ADDED TO NEXT BULK PAYMENT.
- SHIP ITEMS AND WATCH PRICING ON HALF.COM ITEMS
- COME UP WITH A FEASIBLE SOLUTION TO STOP SPENDING SO MUCH ON EATING OUT. PERHAPS ENVELOPE SYSTEM FOR FOOD WILL HELP THIS. STARTING ENVELOPE SYSTEM THIS WEEKEND.
- TAKE CABLE BOX BACK TO REDUCE BILL.
- CONTINUE POSITIVE PROGRESS IN OTHER AREAS